Thank you for your interest in our graduate programs.
ECE is now accepting applications for programs commencing in September 2023 and January 2024. ECE graduate programs commence in September and January only.
All ECE programs require the submission of two applications, one on the SGS Application System and one on the ECE Application System.
Please carefully review ECE's minimum admission requirements and application instructions prior to commencing an application.
The deadlines for applicants to fully complete both SGS & ECE applications, including two references, are:
- MASc & PhD programs: January 5, 2023
- MEng program
- Domestic students
- Fall 2023 & Winter 2024 entry: May 31, 2023
- International students:
- Fall 2023 entry: March 15, 2023
- Winter 2024 entry: May 31, 2023
- Domestic students
The University of Toronto, the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering, and the Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering are committed to increasing diversity within our community. Excellence flourishes in an environment that embraces the broadest range of people.
Fellowships for Indigenous and Black Engineering Students
Indigenous and Black Engineering and Technology (IBET) Momentum Fellowships aim to address the urgent need to provide opportunities that encourage and support the pursuit of graduate studies by equity-deserving groups traditionally underrepresented within STEM research.
Recipients will receive $25,000 a year for four years as they pursue doctorate degrees and specialized engineering research.
- These deadlines apply to all applicants who wish to commence their program in September 2023 or January 2024.
- The ECE Application System will email an applicant’s referees to request references only after the applicant has submitted their application. As an application is not complete until both references have been submitted, it is highly recommended that applicants (1) submit their applications well in advance of the deadline and (2) confirm that their references have been submitted by the deadline.
- The University of Toronto will be completely closed from December 21, 2022, through January 1, 2023, for the Winter Break. Accordingly, applicants who require assistance before the January 5 deadline should reach out to email@example.com no later than December 15, 2022.