Ashvin Goel is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Toronto. His research interests lie broadly in systems software, including cloud computing, storage systems, high-performance software systems, and reliable systems. He has published in prestigious systems conferences including SOSP, OSDI, ASPLOS, FAST and Eurosys. He received his PhD in computer science and engineering from Oregon Graduate Institute (OGI) in Portland and his masters from UCLA.
- NSERC Discovery Accelerator Award, research on file system reliability, 2012
- Best paper award, USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST), 2012
- Google Faculty Research Award, research on file system reliability, 2011
- Co-recipient of Netapp Faculty Award, research on storage systems, 2011
- Early Researcher Award, Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation (MRI), 2008.