Berj L. Bardakjian received the PhD degree in Electrical Engineering (Biomedical Engineering Group) from McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. He is currently a Professor in ECE and IBBME at the University of Toronto. He is also an associate editor for the journal IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. His previous positions at the University of Toronto included being a Medical Research Council (MRC) postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Physiology, MRC Scholar in the Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering (IBBME), and an investigator in the Playfair Neuroscience Unit at the Toronto Western Hospital. His research interests include neural engineering, biological and artificial neural networks, electrical rhythmic activities of the brain, prediction and control of epileptic seizures, modeling of nonlinear physiological systems, biological clocks, signal processing of nonstationary electrical signals from the brain.
- Member, Professional Engineering Association of Ontario
- Member, IEEE/EMBS
- Member, Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Member, Organization of Computational Neuroscience (OCNS)
- Bionetics Outstanding Canadian Bioengineer, Canadian Medical and Biological Society, 1991
- Medical Research Council (MRC) Scholar
- MRC Postdoctoral Fellow