Lacra Pavel received the Diploma of Engineering degree (with distinction) in Automatic Control from the Technical University Gh. Asachi of Iasi in 1989, and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Queen’s University at Kingston in 1996. She was as an NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute for Aerospace Research, National Research Council in Ottawa, 1997-1998. She has four years of experience obtained while at Nortel Networks, 1998-2000, and at Solinet Systems, 2000-2002. Since 2002 she has been with the Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, Canada, where she is currently a Professor. Her research interests are in joining game theory, control and optimization with networks.
- Senior Member of IEEE.
- Professional Engineer of Ontario.
- Connaught New Staff Award, University of Toronto, 2003
- New Opportunities Infrastructure Award, Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) and Ontario Innovation Trust (OIT), 2003
- Award for Innovation, Solinet Systems, 2001, 2002
- Inventor Recognition Award, Nortel Networks, 2000