Joseph Euzebe (Zeb) Tate received the BS degree in electrical engineering from Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA, in 2003 and the MS and PhD degrees in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2005 and 2008. In 2008, he joined the ECE department at the University of Toronto as an assistant professor. His current research focuses on combining advanced telemetry, data processing, and visualization techniques to facilitate renewable integration and improve the reliability and efficiency of the power grid.
- Executive board member, Ontario Network for Sustainable Energy Policy (ONSEP)
- Vice-chair, IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES) Career Promotion and Workforce Development Committee
- Co-chair, IEEE PES Task Force on High Performance Computing in Power Systems
- Editorial Board, Electrical Power Components and Systems
- Member, Standard Council of Canada, IEC TC-57 (responsible for standards related to power systems management and associated information exchange)
- Member, IEC 61850-90-5 working group (Canadian representative)
- Technical Program Committee member and Associate Editor, 23rd IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering