Ashish Khisti is an Associate Professor and a Canada Research Chair (Tier II) at the University of Toronto, where he directs the Signals, Multimedia and Algorithms Laboratory. His current research areas include communication systems, information theoretic security and machine learning. Professor Khisti has served as an associate editor of the IEEE Transactions on Communications (2012-2015) and IEEE Transactions on Information Theory (2015-2018). He served as a consultant for Cisco Systems between 2015-2017.
- Canada Research Chair: Tier II (2012, 2017 (renewed)
- Cisco Research Center Award (2017)
- Hewlett Packard Innovation Research Program Award (2011, 2012)
- Ontario Early Researcher Award (2012)
- Qatar National Research Fund Award (2012)