Teaching Assistant Positions in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Teaching Assistantships are available in the Department and their allocation is governed by a Union Collective Agreement – CUPE 3902 Unit 1.
- TA job postings can be found on the University of Toronto CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Job Posting Board. They may also be sent electronically to graduate applicant alias and/or posted on the CUPE 3902 Bulletin Board across the hall from the ECE Undergraduate Studies Office, Sandford Fleming Building Basement Room 600A.
- All jobs are posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Collective Agreement. It is understood that some announcements of vacancies are tentative, pending final course determinations and enrollment and approval of the Associate Chairs of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies.
- The Department considers all completed on-line applications submitted by the deadline but the competition for certain jobs can be keen. A position cannot be guaranteed. Please note that a complete application includes all fields and course preferences completed/updated and includes a Teaching resume.
- Hiring preference is given to current or admitted graduate students.
- It is the University’s (and the Department’s) expectation that TA employees must be available to fulfill the duties required during the time-frame set out in the letter of offer unless they are absent or on leave in accordance with the collective agreement as approved by their supervisor (Course Coordinator/Instructor).
- Departmental Hiring Policy
- Teaching Assistant inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incoming graduate students who do not have a UTORid yet should be able to use their JOINid to log in. You should have received your JOINid via email from the School of Graduate Studies a few days after paying your application fee. If you did not receive a JOINid or have any questions about the JOINid, please contact the School of Graduate Studies at email@example.com
TA Application & Hiring Timeline
- The Fall term TA application and hiring process takes place between June to August. Applicants are notified of the outcome on or before August 7th.
- Winter TA positions are posted in October with the hiring results being announced on or before December 7th.
*The on-line TA Application system is closed*
The ECE TA Application Database is closed for application for the Winter term.
- Please visit https://unit1.hrandequity.utoronto.ca to view all job postings. You may sort alphabetically by department to see all of ECE job postings. (You are allowed to apply for TAships at other departments, but please check the posting information for deadlines and how to apply).
- Click hereto access Undergraduate Course Descriptions
- Click hereto access Graduate Course Descriptions
- The link to the on-line application is: https://eceta.ece.toronto.edu
- Current graduate students can log in using their UTORid and password.
- Incoming graduate students who do not have a UTORid yet should be able to use their JOINid to log in. You should have received your JOINid via email from the School of Graduate Studies a few days after paying your application fee. If you did not receive a JOINid or have any questions about the JOINid, please contact the School of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Application Fields must be filled in, including Course Preferences, and a current Teaching resume in PDF format attached, in order for an application to be considered complete.