Teaching Assistant Positions in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Teaching Assistantships are available in the Department and their allocation is governed by a Union Collective Agreement – CUPE 3902 Unit 1.
- TA job postings can be found on the University of Toronto CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Job Posting Board. They may also be sent electronically to graduate applicant alias and/or posted on the CUPE 3902 Bulletin Board across the hall from the ECE Undergraduate Studies Office, Sandford Fleming Building Basement Room 600A.
- All jobs are posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Collective Agreement. It is understood that some announcements of vacancies are tentative, pending final course determinations and enrollment and approval of the Associate Chairs of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies.
- The Department considers all completed on-line applications submitted by the deadline but the competition for certain jobs can be keen. A position cannot be guaranteed. Please note that a complete application includes all fields and course preferences completed/updated and includes a Teaching resume.
- Hiring preference is given to current or admitted graduate students.
- It is the University’s (and the Department’s) expectation that TA employees must be available to fulfill the duties required during the time-frame set out in the letter of offer unless they are absent or on leave in accordance with the collective agreement as approved by their supervisor (Course Coordinator/Instructor).
- Departmental Hiring Policy
- Teaching Assistant inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
TA Application & Hiring Timeline
- The Fall term TA application and hiring process takes place between June to August. Applicants are notified of the outcome on or before August 7.
- Winter TA positions are posted in October with the hiring results being announced on or before December 7th.
INFORMATION ON APPLYING FOR 2018-2019 TA POSITIONS
The ECE TA Application Database is now open for applying for 2018-2018 TA positions
The link to the on-line application is: https://eceta.ece.toronto.edu
- 2018-2019 Job Postings
- Click here to access Undergraduate Course Descriptions
- Click here to access Graduate Course Descriptions
- Current graduate students can log in using their UTORid and password.
- Incoming graduate students who do not have a UTORid yet should be able to use their JOINid to log in. You should have received your JOINid via email from the School of Graduate Studies a few days after paying your application fee. If you did not receive a JOINid or have any questions about the JOINid, please contact the School of Graduate Studies at email@example.com
- All Application Fields must be filled in, including Course Preferences, and a current Teaching resume in PDF format attached, in order for an application to be considered complete.
DEADLINE to apply: Wednesday, June 27, 2018