Teaching Assistant (CUPE3902 Unit 1) positions for Electrical & Computer Engineering courses only.
*Fall TA positions have been filled and successful applicants have been contacted*
- Teaching Assistantships are available in the Department and their allocation is governed by a Union Collective Agreement – CUPE 3902 Unit 1.
- TA job postings can be found on the University of Toronto CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Job Posting Board. They may also be sent electronically to graduate applicant alias and/or posted on the CUPE 3902 Bulletin Board across the hall from the ECE Undergraduate Studies Office, Sandford Fleming Building Basement Room 600A.
- All jobs are posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Collective Agreement. It is understood that some announcements of vacancies are tentative, pending final course determinations and enrollment and approval of the Associate Chairs of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies.
TAships are not part of the ECE funding package and therefore there is no guarantee that a graduate student will receive a TAship from ECE. Students are encouraged to apply for any positions they are qualified for at ECE or other departments.
- The Department considers all completed on-line applications submitted by the deadline but the competition for certain jobs can be keen. A position cannot be guaranteed. Please note that a complete application includes all fields and course preferences completed/updated and includes a Teaching resume.
- Hiring preference is given to current or admitted graduate students.
- It is the University’s (and the Department’s) expectation that TA employees must be available to fulfill the duties required during the time-frame set out in the letter of offer unless they are absent or on leave in accordance with the collective agreement as approved by their supervisor (Course Coordinator/Instructor).
- Departmental Hiring Policy
- Teaching Assistant inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incoming graduate students who do not have a UTORid yet should be able to use their JOINid to log in. You should have received your JOINid via email from the School of Graduate Studies a few days after paying your application fee. If you did not receive a JOINid or have any questions about the JOINid, please contact the School of Graduate Studies at email@example.com