Application period opens: April 4, 2023
Deadline: April 10, 2023, 11:59 p.m.
First-round offers by: April 14, 2023
Number of awards available: 2–4
Duration: May–August 2023
Value: See details of specific award
Deadline is final!
Please note that late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Note: If you are not selected in the first round, your name will be added to a waiting list in case any award becomes available. You may not receive any communication unless you are offered an award.
If you have questions about Faculty Summer Research Awards, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-978-3145.
The ECE department administers a few summer research fellowships from the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
We prioritize first-, second- or third-year undergraduates, though students between their third and fourth year of study (whether or not on PEY Co-op) are also eligible.
The selection criteria for the awards differ slightly but generally include the applicant’s academic background, their financial need, and how their skills fit the duties and responsibilities of the research project.
How to apply
To apply for a Faculty Summer Research Award, you must submit two items:
- Application Form 2023 (doc)
- Your unofficial ACORN Academic History, as a PDF
Submit your completed application and academic history to email@example.com.
Instructions for Application Form:
- Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- You do not need to fill out Section III. The Undergraduate Office will pass on your application to the ECE Chair for signature.
- You do not need to complete the Financial Information section unless the award requires you to demonstrate financial need.
Instructions for ACORN Academic History report:
- Your name must be visible on the ACORN print out. Those without a visible name will not be accepted.