Olivier Trescases (BASc, MASc, PhD) received his PhD degree in electrical engineering at the University of Toronto in 2007. From 2007 to 2009, he worked as a concept engineer and mixed-signal integrated circuit designer for automotive applications at Infineon Technologies in Austria. Dr. Trescases joined the University of Toronto as an Assistant Professor in January 2009, was promoted to Associate Professor in July 2014 and Full Professor in July 2018. He conducts research on high-efficiency switched-mode power converters for automotive, industrial, aerospace, solid-state lighting and renewable energy applications.
- Member of IEEE Power Electronics, Electron Devices, Vehicular Technology, Circuits and Systems, Solid-State Circuits and Industrial Electronics Societies
- IEEE Toronto Section Executive Committee
- 2010 Green Innovation Award from the City of Toronto
- IEEE International Symposium on Power Semiconductor Devices & ICs (ISPSD), Charitat Award 2006
- IEEE Electron Devices and Solid State Circuits Conference (EDSSC), Best Paper Award 2003