Pas S. Pasupathy received the B.E. degree in Telecommunications from the College of Engineering, Guindy (India) in 1963, the M.Tech degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT, Madras in 1966 and the M.Phil and Ph.D degrees in Engineering and Applied Science from Yale University in 1970 and 1972, respectively. In 1973, he joined the ECE Department at the University of Toronto, where he is now a Professor Emeritus. He has served as the Chairman of the Communications Group and as an Associate Chairman of ECE.
His research interests lie in the areas of communication theory, digital communications, and statistical signal processing Dr. Pasupathy is a Fellow of IEEE, Engineering Institute of Canada and Canadian Academy of Engineering.
- Professional Engineer of Ontario
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), since 1991
- Canadian Award in Telecommunications Research, 2003
- Fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC), since 2004
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering (CAE), since 2007
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, IIT, Madras, 2010