Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I become a P.Eng.?
- Where can I find all information about my program?
- Can I take my Humanities requirement during the summer?
- What is considered acceptable work for the 600 Hours practical experience requirement?
- Where can I find information on admissions requirements or general information about the department?
- Where can I find information about pursuing Graduate Studies in Engineering?
- How do I locate my instructor or TA?
- I am interested in transferring to another Engineering program. How do I go about this?
- Where is the Engineering Library?
- How do I get my ROSI PIN reactivated?
- What is the code to the ECE Common Room?
You can find comprehensive information, including rules and regulations, in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering Calendar. The calendar is only available on-line through the Registrar’s website. It is the definitive resource of your academic life here, so please read it!
Yes. But if you are an Honours student, this may be affect your eligibility for Honours. Please contact the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
All information on the 600 hours requirement can be found in Calendar.
The forms for submitting your 600 hours requirement are found here.
If you would like more information about what is acceptable, please contact the Undergraduate Studies Office at email@example.com.
Where can I find information on admissions requirements or general information about the department?
All Admissions information can be found in the Admissions Office, GB153, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information can be found on the following website:
Please DO NOT contact the Undergraduate Office, as they do not handle Admissions work!
This information is located on our website under “Faculty and Staff.” Your instructor can provide you with the contact information for your TAs.
Requests to transfer between Engineering programs and from full-time to part-time or vice versa, are made through Engineering Portal on the Registrar’s website. Make sure to pay close attention to the deadlines for transfer applications, found in the “Sessional Dates” section of the calendar.
If you have questions about the program you wish to transfer into, please do not hesitate to discuss it with that department’s counsellor. Counsellors are listed in the Curriculum section of the Calendar.
The Library is located on the 2nd floor of the Sandford Fleming Building.
Locate building here: http://oracle.osm.utoronto.ca/map/
You must go to the Registrar’s Office, GB157, to have your PIN reactivated.
You can obtain the code from the ECE Club. Their office is located in the Sandford Fleming Building in the basement B640.