Minors and Certificates
Students wishing to pursue an Engineering minor must take a minimum of six courses two of which must be at the third or fourth year level; two core elective courses, one of which is defined. Two of the courses require a core elective as a prerequisite.
Completion of an Engineering Minor is subject to the following constraints:
- Students must ensure they meet the requirements of the ECE program;
- Of the 6 (half year) courses required for the minor, one (half year) course can also be a core course in ECE;
- Either a Thesis or Design course can count for up to two (half year) courses towards the 6 required courses IF the Thesis or Design course is strongly related to the subject area of the minor.
- Availability of the courses to complete an engineering minor (including the foundational courses) for timetabline purposes is not guaranteed; the onus is on the student to ensure compatibility with their timetable;
- Students must secure approval from the ECE Undergraduate Office before selecting any elective outside of the department.
Below are the minors that ECE students can complete:
|Engineering Business||Sustainable Energy|
|Robotics and Mechatronics||Bioengineering|
Below are the certificates that ECE students can complete:
|Preventative Engineering & Social Development||Global Engineering|
Students are required to complete three courses when pursuing a certificate. They will receive a certificate upon the completion of the required courses, but this it will not appear on student transcripts.
For more information about the minors, go to their website.
For specific questions and/or inquiries, please contact Sharon Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-3532.