Prior to commencing an application, applicants should carefully review all of the information in the Graduate Studies Admission section of the ECE website.
In order to complete the application, applicants must navigate two web systems: the SGS web system and the ECE WEB SYSTEM. ECE is unable to consider any applicant who does not file their application on both web systems.
- Submit an applicant profile on the SGS web system.
- The SGS web system will prompt the applicant to pay the $120.00 CAD application fee. Applications will not be processed until the application fee is received.
- Applicants do not submit referee information on the SGS web system.
- Submit a detailed application on the ECE WEB SYSTEM.
- IMPORTANT: the ECE WEB SYSTEM will email an applicant’s referees to request references only after the applicant has submitted their application. As an application is not complete until both references have been submitted, it is highly recommended that applicants submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
- Applicants who have completed TOEFL, IELTS or COPE must have their score report sent electronically to the University of Toronto. The TOEFL Institution Code for the University of Toronto is 0982.
- Send the following materials in hard copy to the postal address at the bottom of this page:
- A printout of the Application Summary from the SGS web system (please note: the Application Summary is not the same as the Application Mailing Sheet)
- Official transcripts (please note: U of T transcripts are not required)
- A photocopy or webpage printout of the applicant’s English proficiency score report
- Please do not send any additional documents; additional documents will not be reviewed.
Review of M.A.Sc. and Ph.D. applications will commence January 8, 2014. ECE will endeavour to inform all M.A.Sc. and Ph.D. applicants concerning the outcome of their application by June 15, 2014. Review of M.Eng. applications will commence October 28, 2013. ECE will endeavour to inform all M.Eng. applicants concerning the outcome of their application by June 30, 2014.
Applicants will be notified immediately, via e-mail, concerning any change to the status of their application, such as an invitation for interview, offer of admission, or notice of unsuccessful application. Applicants should use only the ECE WEB SYSTEM to monitor the status of their application – the status will read “received” when the application is complete including two references. Do not use the SGS web system to monitor application status.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of materials received, the ECE Graduate Office is unable to confirm receipt of transcripts, English proficiency scores or other documents. Please rest assured that we will notify applicants if documents are missing from their file. Please note that we do not update the SGS web system – as such, applicants should not be concerned if the SGS web system indicates that their documents have not been received.
ECE Graduate Office Postal Address:
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Room 1107, 10 King’s College Road
University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G4