Annual Meetings of Ph.D. Supervisory Committee
The School of Graduate Studies requires graduate units to monitor the progress of Ph.D. students. Ph.D. students are therefore required to hold at least one supervisory committee meeting in each year of program registration. For years one and two of the Ph.D. program, this SGS requirement is met by the qualifying examination and the thesis proposal, respectively.
- In years three, four, and all subsequent years until graduation, each Ph.D. candidate must establish a Ph.D. supervisory committee and meet with that committee at least once per year.
- The Ph.D. supervisory committee will typically consist of the research supervisor and two other professors.
- The Ph.D. supervisory committee will assess the candidate’s progress to degree and file a Progress Report with the ECE Graduate Office after each meeting.
- Annual meetings with the Ph.D. supervisory committee are a condition of financial support and continued registration in the Ph.D. program.
- Please see timely completion for recommended scheduling of meetings.