- Proof of English facility is required for applicants who will not have completed a degree within Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or the Republic of Ireland.
- ECE is unable to consider any applicant who does not satisfy at least the minimum English facility requirement.
- English facility requirements must be satisfied at the time of application.
- English facility scores must not be older than two years at the time of application.
- Applicants may use any of the following to demonstrate English facility:
Applicants may complete the internet-based (iBT) or paper-based (PBT) test. For the iBT, applicants must provide scores of at least 22/30 for each of the Writing and Speaking components of the test, and an overall score of at least 93/120. For the PBT, applicants must provide Total and TWE scores of at least 580 and 4.0, respectively. Applicants must arrange to forward score reports electronically to the University of Toronto. The TOEFL Institution Code for the University of Toronto is 0982.
A score of at least 85 is required. Applicants must submit hard copy of official score reports to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
IELTS - Academic
A score of at least 7.0 on the academic test is required. Applicants must arrange to forward score reports electronically to the University of Toronto.
An overall score of at least 76 is required, with 22 in each component and 32 in the writing component. Applicants must arrange to forward score reports electronically to the University of Toronto.
SCS Academic Preparation Course
A final grade of at least B in Level 60 is required.